Everyone has a habit of always trying to find a way to save money these days, even when it comes to dating. If you and your special love one are trying to stay on a budget, there are plenty of ways to do so while keeping the romance alive. Today I will be sharing some romantic and fun ways to save money and spend sometime with your love one without thinking about money.
We have all asked ourselves the question, “Where should I take her/him?” Often times we find ourselves complicating on where exactly we should go. The reason why we get stump is for two reasons; we are thinking about the perfect place to go and we are budgeting out the fees along the way. Still wanting to impress your love one, you would do anything to stretch your budget beyond what is normally affordable for us.
REALITY CHECK! In reality we don’t need to spend a lot of money to impress our significant others or our new date. Let’s be creative! When planning a romantic date or outing think outside the box and perhaps around the corner a bit. Allowing yourself to be creative can earn you more kisses and hugs then what you expect. Stop thinking about the 5star restaurants and learn how to cook a romantic candle lit dinner. I am going to guide you in the right direction with some affordable tips and ideas on how Are you ready for some idea’s on how to have an affordable and fun time out.
Dinner and a Movie
1. Go out for pizza — ask them to cut the pie into the shape of a heart.
2. Try live entertainment, such as a band at a local bar, instead of a movie. (NEW YORKER’s GREAT LOCATIONS TO GO: The Downtown area and the East Village)
3. Pick a TV show, get a season’s worth on DVD and make a running date to watch it together every night over some delicious popcorn.
4. Cook a candle lite dinner and then a movie to follow, while cuddling up under a blanket.
5. Try brunch and a matinee; fancy restaurants are way more affordable in the a.m.
Have some other ideas? Feel free to share them by tweeting me at @FantasiaNYC! I hope to hear from you soon!
Written By: Fantasia Hunt